Who is this loan for?
This loan is for you if you are:
- looking to purchase a vehicle priced between £5,000 and £20,000 or
- reaching the end of a Personal Contract Plan and you need to make a balloon payment in excess of £5000 and
- working for an employer (see the list below) who will send us the loan repayment direct from your salary or stipend or
- in receipt of a pension from a previous employer who will send us the repayment direct from your pension.
Before you apply
Car loans must be used to purchase a vehicle (not always but usually a car) and we will ask you to provide proof of purchase within 28 days of the loan agreement.
We do not require information regarding the vehicle you intend to purchase but we do advise you to buy wisely, obtain an HPI check and use a reputable dealer. Credit Union car loans are usually made over four years and you should expect the vehicle to be roadworthy for the length of the term.
The following employers are currently part of the payroll deduction scheme:
- Methodist Connexion and Methodist Ministers
- Church of England Church Commissioners
- Church of England NCIs
- Church of England Pensions Board
- Church of Scotland and Crossreach
- Church in Wales
- Diocese of Oxford
- Diocese of Salisbury MAT
- St Vincent de Paul Society
- United Reformed Church
- RC Diocese of Westminster
- Aletheia Anglican Academies Trust
- The Springfield Project, Birmingham
- The Good Shepherd MAT
If you are not employed by an employer on this list, please use the application details on the Personal Loan page to apply for a loan for a car.
If you are not an existing member of Churches Mutual please check your eligibility before completing the application form.
Have your bank statements ready
We will also need you to send in your most recent bank statement showing around 6-8 weeks' transactions and proof of your income. If you regularly use more than one bank account please provide statements for those accounts, too.
See our FAQs if you're unsure how to send your statements to us.