Payroll Savers Loan
Who is this loan for?
This loan is for you if:
- you are looking for an affordable personal loan between £250 and £15,000 for a specific item or event, or
- you are purchasing a vehicle for under £5000, and
- you work for an employer (see the list below) who will send us the loan repayment direct from your salary or stipend, or
- you receive a pension from a previous employer who will send us the repayment direct from your pension
- you are able to save a small amount (say between £5 and £10) with every repayment
Before you apply
The following employers are currently part of the payroll deduction scheme:
- Methodist Connexion
- Methodist Ministers
- Church of England Church Commissioners
- Church of England NCIs
- Church of England Pensions Board
- Church of Scotland
- Church in Wales
- Diocese of Oxford
- Diocese of Salisbury Academies Trust
- United Reformed Church
- RC Diocese of Westminster
- The Springfield Project, Birmingham
- Aletheia Anglican Academies Trust
- The Good Shepherd MAT
- St Vincent de Paul Society
We are always looking to extend the number of eligible employers (churches and charities) from the denominations in our common bond we work with. If you think your employer should offer payroll savings through Churches Mutual please ask your HR department to contact us.
If you are not an existing member of Churches Mutual please check your eligibility before completing the application form.
Have your bank statements ready
We will also need you to send in your most recent bank statement showing at least one month's transactions and proof of your income, if you
regularly use more than one bank account please provide statements for
those accounts, too. We will also need to see a copy of your most recent annual defined benefits pension statement.
See our FAQs if you're unsure how to send your statements to us.